EQUIPCO HISTORY & OVERVIEW
View a Satellite Image
of our Bridgeville facilities as seen by Google Earth.
In the early 1900s, the Phillips Mine & Mill Supply Co, (located in Pittsburgh, PA),
manufactured haulage equipment & steel handling devices for the steel & mining companies.
The owners, Jack & Jim Phillips, learned of a versaltile lift truck that was manufactured by
Hyster Company. The pneumatic tires on the forklift were essential in navigating the cobblestone
streets prevalent in Pittsburgh at the time.
On August 7, 1944 the Phillips brothers purchased a Hyster lift truck and signed a dealership agreement with Hyster Company
to become the 1st independent Hyster dealer in the US. Equipco Sales Company was formed to sell the Hyster product.
In 1955 the company was renamed Equipco Division Phillips Corporation and eventually relocated to the present 46,664 square feet facility in South Fayette township (located near Bridgeville, PA).
The company now handles multiple product lines that provide quality material
handling solutions to all types of business. Over 100 employees provide new
site surveys, and fleet management services
Utilizing the latest technological advancements, Equipco strives to be the best material
handling provider available.
Equipco's goal is to provide a total solution for all of our customers' Material Handling needs.